Summer + sports camps say “SUMMER!”
78 Youth Sports offers two awesome summer weekly camps/clinics mid-June – mid-August taught by experienced sports enthusiasts:
Our mission is to teach games and skills through fun games designed to fully engage campers. We also strive to make our camps affordable and convenient!
- Each week is $360 (except w/o July 4, which is $280).
- Multi-Week Discounts available – $25 off after the first registered week.
- Sibling Discounts available – $25 off after the first registered week.
Camp Waivers Needed For All Campers.
For all camps, you will need to fill out a Camp Bulldog Waiver in our registration system when you register.
It should include your insurance information and who is authorized to pick up your child or if your child can walk home by his/herself.
Be On Your Best Behavior, Please.
We want our camps to be fun and productive! Therefore, we’d ask that you (parents/guardians) help us reinforce our behavior expectations. We like kids to have “school behavior.”
- Respect others (listening, no bullying or excessive smack talk)
- Give maximum effort
- Keep a positive attitude
If a child displays bad/disruptive behavior, we will follow the steps below in our 78 Camp Behavior Protocol.
- Step 1: Talk with the child and help them navigate the behavior/situation
- Step 2: Give a time out
- Step 3: Phone call home
- Step 4: Ask a parent/guardian to attend camp with the child to help monitor/control the situation
- Step 5: Require the child to leave with without refund
CAMP BULLDOG BASEBALL
Come play with us in Prospect Park!
Our co-ed baseball camp for kids ages 5-12 runs weekly June, July and August.
The camp curriculum is designed to teach baseball skills through fun games developed to keep campers fully engaged while reinforcing the skills needed to become a better baseball player. Every aspect of the camp – from the evaluation process to teaching specific skills to game play – is done through the use of fun games.
Baseball themes covered during the camp include:
- Base Running
- Location is at the beautiful and convenient Prospect Park Ball Fields
- One block from the Seventh Avenue stop on the F/G Trains
- Drop-off 8:30 a.m-8:45a.m at PPW/9th Street Entrance (Lafayette Statue)
- Pick-up 3:00 p.m– 3:15 p.m at PPW/9th Street Entrance (Lafayette Statue)
- Remember to fill out the Camp Bulldog Waiver designating who can pick up
Register now for one or more of our sessions. Options to come early! Stay Late.
- Early 7:30 a.m drop-off is available for $10 per day during registration.
- Early drop-off is $15 per day when signing up during the week of camp.
- Extended Day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and costs $20 per day when signing up in advance.
- Extended day is $25 per day when signing up during the week of camp.
- We limited early and extended day offerings to 40 campers per session. Sign up early as slots fill quickly!
- If you don’t arrive by 6:00 p.m., your child will be taken to the 78th Precinct Station at 65 Sixth Avenue (718-636-6411). If you arrive later than 4:30 a.m a second time, your child’s participation will be canceled with no refund.
What To Bring.
Pack a bag with the following: baseball mitt, lunch, sunglasses, a towel, bathing suit, a change of clothes, water & water bottle, sunscreen, protective cup for boys, and medication (where required, with precise and clear instructions).
Pack your own. Or for $7 a day, we’ll provide a sandwich, chips, granola bar or fruit. There is a lunch option included within our registration system for baseball camp.
Rain Delays or Dates.
When it rains, we move it indoors to PS 154. Unfortunately, we cannot give refunds for rain days.
78 BASKETBALL ACADEMY
Stand tall and play ball!
Our co-ed basketball camp for kids ages 9-12 runs weekly July through August.
The camp curriculum is designed to teach basketball skills through fun games developed to keep campers fully engaged while reinforcing the skills needed to become a better basketball player. Every aspect of the camp – from the evaluation process to teaching specific skills to gameplay – is done through the use of fun games and drills.
Basketball themes covered during the camp include:
Experienced, Enthusiastic Coaches Are The Heart Of Our Camp
Our camps are run by Richard Anderson. Rich forms a team of coaches made up of active and former professional, collegiate, and high school basketball players to help him make our 78 Basketball Academy a winning summer experience!
For questions, please use our contact form.
- Location is at the spacious and convenient MS 51 (Corner of 5th Ave/4th Street)
- Drop-off 8:50 – 9:00 a.m.
- Door locked after 9:10 a.m.
- Pick-up 3:00 – 3:10 p.m.
- Late Pick-Up 3:10 – 4:00 p.m
- Only a parent listed when you registered will be allowed to pick up your
playerunless we have written permission to allow another adult to pick up your child or to allow your child to leave by him/herself.
- Permission must be written. Use contact form drop down “Bulldog Basketball Camp”.
Register now for one or more of our sessions. Options to come early! Stay Late!
- Early drop off (8:00-8:50 a.m) is available for $10 per day during sign in. Early drop off is $25 for the entire week when signing up on Monday.
- Late pick up (3:10 p.m. to 4:00 p.m) is available for $10 per day during sign in or at the time of pickup. Late pickup is $25 for the entire week when signing up on Monday.
- Remember to fill out the 78 Youth Sports Waiver designating who can pick up your child.
- If you do not arrive by 4:00 p.m, your child will be taken to the 78th Precinct Station at 65 Sixth Avenue (718-636-6411). If you arrive later than 4:00 p.m a second time, your child’s participation will be canceled without refund.
What To Wear.
Camp t-shirt (given day one), basketball shorts, basketball sneakers with athletic socks, sunscreen for days we play outdoors
What To Bring.
A full water bottle with the player’s name on it, a healthy lunch, (healthy snacks allowed, no candy, no energy drinks). Sunscreen, medication, if required, with clear written instructions. If health issues are a concern, an adult may be required to stay for the session.
We are in a gym and always open, irrespective of weather conditions. There are no make-up sessions.
If you need to cancel prior to the start of the week, please use our contact form.
*78 YOUTH SPORTS CAMPS ARE NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION OR THE CITY OF NEW YORK