78 Youth Sports offers opportunities for co-ed players at all skill levels and ages 4-17 to play ‘rec’ baseball! It’s fun, positive and skill-building!
- Spring Season:
- April – June
- Registration (December – February)
- Team Assignments, Uniform Dissemination, Schedule Posting (Mid-Late March)
- Opening Weekend & Parade (Early April)
- Games 1x A Weekend (April – Mid-June)
- Prospect Park, Washington Park, Van Voorhees, DiMattina, and various other local fields are used for games
- Optional Practices Set By Individual Coaches (usually 1x a week – time and location set by the coach)
- Division Championship Games For 8U and above (early June)
- Season ends (mid-June)
Get On A Team. No Tryouts/Evaluations For Our Recreational Teams.
- All you have to do is sign up! We’ll place your child on a team.
- Want to be on a specific team or with a certain coach?
- Simply make a request when you sign up.
- If there are too many players on your requested team, we’ll let you know and place you on a team that has room.
New To The Game? No Problem!
- Our coaches will teach the game!
- For our youngest players ages 4 – 6 years old, 78 Youth Sports and SportStrata (sport psychologists) have developed a proprietary, developmentally-appropriate game called Bases Loaded. Click here for overview and rules.
|Pee Wee||Mature 4s and 5 year olds (T-Ball through our Bases Loaded program with bases at 40’)|
|Rookie||6 year olds (coach pitching (underhand allowed) at 15’, bases at 40’)|
|Lion||7 year olds (coach pitching (overhand required) at 15’, bases at 40’)|
|Pony||8 year olds (player pitching at 33’, bases at 50’)|
78 Brooklyn Youth Sports Divisions Playing in the Prospect Park Baseball Association (Co-ed) League:
|Cubs||9 & 10 year olds (stealing when the catcher has control of the ball; pitching at 43’, bases at 60’)|
|Bantam||11 & 12 year olds (stealing when the ball passes the batter: pitching at 47.5’, bases at 70’)|
|Super Bantam||12 & 13 year olds (major league rules, except pitching at 54’, bases at 80’)|
|Grasshopper||13, 14 & 15 year olds (major league rules)|
|Freshmen||16 & 17 year olds (major league rules)|
Rates*All of our coaches are background screened.
$165 – $225 per seasonIncludes: 9-10 weeks of games
Jersey & Hat
Questions? Please use our Contact Form.
Want to play up or down?
This is allowed only in exceptional circumstances with approval from the Baseball Commissioner and the Prospect Park Baseball Association. Use our contact form for questions.
Want More Training or Playing?
Hone skills at our various clinics, programs, lessons and summer camps.
Travel Baseball(8U – 14U)