78 Youth Sports offers opportunities for co-ed players at all skill levels and ages 5-17 to play basketball! It’s fast-paced and tons of fun!
Our Basketball Program is divided into two parts:
Through research and our own experience, we know that developing young players before they play in a league helps breed success now and later. This is why we offer fundamental training for our youngest players!
- Basketball Fundamentals (ages 5 – 8). Learning the game.
- ‘Rec’ Basketball (ages 7 – 17). Playing games.
BASKETBALL FUNDAMENTALS (co-ed, ages 5 – 14). Sign-up, learn and have fun!
Young players learn:
- Game basics (how to play the game).
- Skills (dribbling, defense, passing, shooting).
- Mental strategies (values needed to play as a team).
- Modified, age-appropriate game play.
We offer lots of opportunities:
- Three sessions: Sept – Nov, Dec – Feb, Mar – May.
- Programs on weekends.
- Age-appropriate length, 50-80 minutes long.
- Lots of options! Choose what works for you when you register.
Our RECREATIONAL BASKETBALL program (ages 7 – 17) is wildly popular and fun for our players!
- December – March
- Registration (August – October)
- Mandatory player evaluation (October)
- Player Draft / Team Assignments, Schedule Posting (November)
- Games 1x per Weekend (December – March, 1 hour game, 15-30 minute pre-game warm up)
- Optional Practices Set By Coaches
- Playoffs (March)
- Championship Games (March)
Get On A Team. Sign-up, show your stuff and get drafted!
- Players are grouped into age divisions:
- Co-ed Division: Pony (7-8); Freshman (9-10); Sophomores (11-12); Juniors (13-14); Seniors (15-17)
- Girls-Only Divisions: Girls JV (9-11) | Girls Varsity (12-14)
- All players must go through mandatory evaluations
- Height & weight measurements.
- Scrimmage game.
- These assessments help us create teams that are balanced so our games are fun for all!
- All games are played in local public school gyms on wooden courts. Locations with addresses and maps are listed here.
- Sneakers are required.
- Basketball sneakers are recommended.
- Shorts without pockets are recommended.
Rates*All of our coaches are background screened
$265-280 per seasonIncludes: 10 weeks of basketball games
Questions? Please use our Contact Form.
78 Youth Sports Basketball Rec Past Champions
Want More Training or Playing?
78 Brooklyn Youth Sports Basketball Academy Clinics (week long summer ‘camps’/school break clinics)