78 Youth Sports offers opportunities for co-ed players at all skill levels and ages 5-17 to play basketball! It’s fast-paced and tons of fun!
Our Basketball Program is divided into two parts:
Through research and our own experience, we know that developing young players before they play in a league helps breed success now and later. This is why we offer fundamental training for our youngest players!
- Basketball Fundamentals (ages 5 – 8). Learning the game.
- ‘Rec’ Basketball (ages 7 – 17). Playing games.
BASKETBALL FUNDAMENTALS (co-ed, ages 5 – 14). Sign-up, learn and have fun!
Young players learn:
- Game basics (how to play the game).
- Skills (dribbling, defense, passing, shooting).
- Mental strategies (values needed to play as a team).
- Modified, age-appropriate game play.
We offer lots of opportunities:
- Three sessions: Sept – Nov, Dec – Feb, Mar – May.
- Programs on weekends.
- Age-appropriate length, 50-80 minutes long.
- Lots of options! Choose what works for you when you register.
Our RECREATIONAL BASKETBALL program (ages 7 – 17) is wildly popular and fun for our players!
- December – March
- Registration (August – October)
- Mandatory player evaluation (October)
- Player Draft / Team Assignments, Schedule Posting (November)
- Games 1x per Weekend (December – March, 1 hour game, 15-30 minute pre-game warm up)
- Optional Practices Set By Coaches
- Playoffs (March)
- Championship Games (March)
Get On A Team. Sign-up, show your stuff and get drafted!
- Players are grouped into age divisions:
- Co-ed Division: Pony (7-8); Freshman (9-10); Sophomores (11-12); Juniors (13-14); Seniors (15-17)
- Girls-Only Divisions: Girls JV (9-11) | Girls Varsity (12-14)
- All players must go through mandatory evaluations
- Height & weight measurements.
- Scrimmage game.
- These assessments help us create teams that are balanced so our games are fun for all!
- All games are played in local public school gyms on wooden courts. Locations with addresses and maps are listed here.
- Sneakers are required.
- Basketball sneakers are recommended.
- Shorts without pockets are recommended.
78 Youth Sports Basketball Rec Past Champions
Want More Training or Playing?
78 Brooklyn Youth Sports Basketball Academy Clinics (week long summer ‘camps’/school break clinics)