Become a Volunteer Coach
Coaching for 78 Youth Sports gives you the opportunity a big difference in the lives of young people.
78 Youth Sports is dedicated to making each players’ experience: safe, meaningful and FUN. Co-ed coaches with all levels of experience are welcome to apply!
No Coaching Experience? No Problem!
We provide coaches tools to help make each season meaningful for the kids – and you!
- Clear game rules
- Coach and player expectations
- Practice plans
- Skills & drills exercises
- Gameday strategies
- Support from our leadership team or seasoned coaches
Two-Step Coach Registration
This process should take no more than 15 minutes! (Please have an electronic copy of your driver’s license or passport ready to upload.)
- Email email@example.com expressing your interest to coach or you can also express your interest in coaching during your child’s program registration.
- Register for a BACKGROUND CHECK by clicking here.
- All of our coaches must go through a background check to ensure the safety of our players.
- Include your email.
- An email address is required when completing the background check as NCSI’s contact with you will largely be electronic.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation page.
You can always contact us via our contact form.
Or if you have any questions or problems submitting your information, please call the National Center for Safety Initiatives at (866) 833-7100.
The background check generally takes 10 business days to complete.
National Center for Safety Initiatives will contact you directly if there are any questions, problems, or issues related to your specific information.
The “Red Light/Green Light” Results will be sent to 78 Youth Sports. You may also check your status at www.ncsisafe.com on the “Applicant Login to Check Your Status” link.
Thank you for your cooperation in this important process!